If you’re looking for new dip, try this. It’s different and so TASTY!
• 2 cloves of garlic, grated
• ½ cup thinly sliced scallions, divided
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 lb. crawfish tail or lump crabmeat, drained and rinsed
• 1 (1 lb.) block of processed cheese (Velveeta)
• 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium pot over medium-high heat, saute garlic and white parts of scallions in butter until slightly tender.
Mix in crawfish or crab and cook for about 5 minutes on low.
Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside.
Add cheese and tomatoes to empty pot and cook over medium-low heat until melted and combined.
Stir in reserved scallion mixture.
Heat on low until well blended and very warm.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with sliced green scallions.
Serve with seeded or seasoned crackers.